16 December 2016

Con Academy / Joe Schreiber


3.5/5

Con Academy is a quick read. It's lighthearted and enjoyable, and I would recommend it to those looking for a fast little fiction novel. It was perfect for me, because I haven't read in a few (or rather several) weeks, and this was just the picker-upper I needed to get me back into reading shape.

Schreiber weaves a fun tale about con artists and separate storylines. The novel has interesting characters, who have their own personalities and perspectives, which I love. Because Con Academy is so brief, not all characters are fully explored, but I definitely appreciate the hints of depth. 

The twist at the end is definitely cool, but would have packed more of a punch if there had been more hints and clues of it throughout the story. Nevertheless, Con Academy more than meets the expectations of fun entertainment that I had, and I would suggest those seeking a quick break from their busy days to pick up this novel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment