18 June 2020

Tweet Cute / Emma Lord


4/5

I was in the mood for a cute chick lit and Tweet Cute exceeded my expectations. The writing is much more advanced than what you'd find in an average YA rom-com novel. Not only does Emma Lord create characters with depth, she also describes them in precise ways that are distinct from most chick lit novels. Because of this, the enemies-to-lovers story didn't feel trite. Instead, I was learning about new, well-developed people, and watching them slowly grow closer. 

I finished Tweet Cute in two days and it was a breath of fresh air compared to the dense and not-always-well-written YA fantasies I'd been reading. I would highly recommend this to readers who enjoyed Matson's Since You Been Gone or Elston's 10 Blind Dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment