29 January 2017

Crooked Kingdom / Leigh Bardugo


4/5

Crooked Kingdom is definitely a must-read; I don't think it's possible to read something as amazing as Six of Crows and then not read the sequel.

Crooked Kingdom wasn't as amazing as Six of Crows was for me. It's a tying up of loose ends, whereas Crows is an ambitious, well-woven novel that left me awed and excited. Crooked Kingdom is still dark and gritty, but the characters have already been discovered and understood, so some plots points didn't pack as strong of a punch.

But how can one not read it? Crows is amazing, one of the best books I've read in a long, long while, and the sequel can not be missed. It doesn't beat the first, but still stands near the top of its genre. If you've read Six of Crows, I know you'll be reading Crooked Kingdom; and if you haven't read Six of Crows...well then, what have you been doing?


No comments:

Post a Comment