30 January 2017

The Iron King / Julie Kagawa


2.5/5

I have been hungry for books; it's been difficult to get my hands on a book since returning to campus. So it isn't strange that I burned through The Iron King in a day. The Iron King isn't the most well-written, nor does it possess the most clever plot, but it is satisfying enough.

Many plot points and phrases were trite and cringeworthy, but overall I enjoyed following our protagonist on her journey. Meghan Chase is fun to watch, and I was so happy to have a real, solid book in my hands (not something online) that I didn't mind the unoriginal world and storyline too much.

I would recommend The Iron King to those who've read all the great YA fantasies out there and are looking for an quick time-killer. Meghan is a more than tolerable protagonist and the idea of the Iron King is interesting. But if you've never read The Mortal Instruments, or Cinder, or Throne of Glass, all novels well deserving of their fame, then The Iron King definitely is not priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment