04 January 2017

The Diabolic / S.J. Kincaid


4/5

S.J. Kincaid's The Diabolic has both character and plot, and that makes a book for me. I greatly enjoyed The Diabolic; it's earned high praise from me.

The Diabolic's characters were well-developed and relatable. A big selling point of this novel is the protagonist Nemesis's development and discovery of her own humanity. Her arc and emotional scope are well-written, and Kincaid never neglects her other characters either. Both Donia and Tyrus were as whole and complete as Nemesis.

I love that the conclusion was left a little open-ended and involved a huge leap of faith, which is further emphasized by the fact that The Diabolic is a standalone-- another quality I greatly appreciate in books. The plot is intense and high-stakes, and I would recommend this novel to others who crave those similar traits in their reads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment