26 February 2021

Cemetary Boys / Aiden Thomas

3/5

Cemetery Boys is a sweet, modern read that sheds light on the Latinx culture while adding in elements of magic and mystery. 

It's a smaller story than I expected. The plot is simple and the action spans across only a few days, and we don't have the opportunity to truly dive into any character other than Yadriel, our lead, or to fully and deeply explore any of his relationships. I would have really liked to see more development of our love interest Julian, and of Yadriel and Julian's relationship. The villain and plot are not surprising, but overall I enjoyed being thrown into the world of the brujxs and returning to the gritty LA downtown (I kind of miss it). I would recommend Cemetery Boys to those who would like to see LGBTQ or Latinx representation in an urban fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment