17 February 2021

Radiance / Grace Draven

 

4/5

This is the relationship I want to see more of in YA novels. Though our two protagonists may have hit it off a little quickly, I enjoyed their banter and ease. This is a relationship-driven novel, and I enjoyed watching each overcome cultural barriers and old prejudices to understand the person in front of them. I was also surprised by the explicit content-- I'd say this is more new adult than young adult. Either way, Radiance is a very short and very sweet read starring a romance that contains none of the abuse or toxicity that is often found in other YA novels. 

Radiance is a delicious bite of a novel you can finish in a day or two between more intense reads, and I'd recommend it those looking for a growth-focused relationship with a minor political background.

No comments:

Post a Comment