21 April 2020

2019, The End of a Decade

Fall'19, things I read while I was abroad. I chose to reread a lot of Leigh Bardugo, devoured Holly Black's Queen of Nothing, started and enjoyed The Great Library series, and ended with a sweet chick lit.


4.5/5                                     4/5

The Great Library series has wonderful world-building, complex characters, and a badass protagonist. I love Jess, the protagonist, for his background, family, and drive; I am always rooting for him. The series has a total of five heavy novels, but don't let that scare you off. Even if you only read the first one, it's still well worth your time.



4/5 

The Folk of the Air has made it to my list of all time favorites, and it's a been while since I've added anything to that list. The closing book wasn't as strong as the first two but it wasn't a letdown either. Though I felt that it could have been longer, I was satisfied that it didn't break my heart. It felt so good to see Jude and Cardan and Madoc again. The series isn't for the faint of heart-- it's cruel, power hungry, and lonely. But it's also an extremely well-written tale about carving your own place in the world of your choosing. 



4.5/5

I read this in a lovely, bookish cafe in Vienna. I'd been craving a chick lit reminiscent of Morgan Matson's Since You Been Gone, and Ashley Elston delivered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment