08 September 2016

An Ember in the Ashes / Sabaa Tahir


4.5/5

THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD. The two main points I look for in a book are characters and plot, and An Ember in the Ashes executed both of these aspects brilliantly. 

The characters were extremely well-developed-- and not just the two main characters, but all of them. They had complete backstories, full emotions, and I could understand their principles and what motivated each of them. The plot is extremely high-stakes, and I was so, so invested in this book. I absolutely devoured this novel. 

It was an intense read because I sympathized with many of the main characters and wanted them to each get what they wanted and deserved, but that meant conflicting things. I am still freaking out.

An Ember in the Ashes is an amazing novel. It's fast-paced, high stakes, and intense. It has strong characters who can each hold up on their own, and put together they create a very interesting storyline. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment