08 September 2016

Madly / Amy Always


4.5/5

I loved Madly. What made me fall in love with it instantly was Sam Kemi, the protagonist. She's strong, capable, and smart. Another strong point of the novel was that it kept me completely absorbed with its action and intensity. I was invested and really, really enjoyed the ride. 

The only part I found a little weird was that the ending was a little quick. It wasn't rushed and didn't feel unrealistic, but as I was approaching the end, I looked at how many pages were left (there weren't many) and was little confused on how Alward was going to wrap it up in the amount left. She did manage to finish the book very nicely and the story was complete, but I still felt as if the author had been given a set amount of pages, and she had written freely until she reached about the last 10% of the novel, and then thought, "Oh shoot, I've gotta wrap up because I'm almost at my page limit." But the story was definitely whole and complete, and I finished it feeling satisfied. 

Madly was a very good read and I highly recommend it, especially to those who enjoy strong leads and fast plots. Also, the cover is gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment