06 September 2016

Vengeance Road / Erin Bowman


2.5/5

I don't like when books are written in dialects (is that how you say it?), when it's written the way it's spoken, with improper grammar. It makes it hard to read.

The book started off pretty intense, but I kinda lost interest halfway and by the time I was two-thirds of the way in I just started skimming very, very quickly. I wouldn't say I completely lost interest, because I still finished the book and wanted to see the ending, but I was no longer really interested in what the main character had to say (she started blabbing a lot towards the end.) 

Anyway, I guess it was good in that it didn't support moral absolutism? Main characters stayed racists throughout the whole book, which sounds really bad put that way, but I guess that's how things were back then. It would have been unrealistic for their minds to have been changed completely, but their opinions did change, so I think that was handled pretty well.

It was average. Pick it up if you'd like, you may enjoy it more than I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment