08 September 2016

Days of Blood and Starlight / Laini Taylor


3.5/5

I read this book too fast, but I just couldn't stop. I finished it today, immediately grabbed the next, and began reading. 

Boy, was this book an emotional rollercoaster. I would recommend reading it at a more realistic pace than I did. I was too excited after I finished Smoke and Bone so I started flipping pages ridiculously fast, which resulted in some frustration. I felt that Karou took a little too long to collect herself, but that may have been due to my own impatience. 

The second installment still jumps around a bit like the first novel did, but not as dramatically.   Ultimately, I was and am completely invested. I care about the characters and need to know what happens to them, especially because this novel introduces some amazing people (and unfortunately takes some away too). I can't wait to finish the third!

No comments:

Post a Comment