22 September 2016

Placebo Junkies / J.C. Carlson


3.5/5

I do not even know where to begin. What did I just read.  

Placebo Junkies is pretty brilliant, not only in terms of plot, but also in the writing. I love Audie. I love her voice, her honesty, and how they shone through not only in her narration but also in her blog posts. I love her unreliability; I find unreliable narrators fun because you get to piece together the puzzle yourself, although there is a downside, which is that things can become confusing very easily. I read this on my phone (which unfortunately really does affect my overall experience because I can't concentrate or absorb the facts as well) which contributed to my slight confusion, but I got enough to understand: this novel is going to tear you apart!

Placebo Junkies is intense, engaging, fast-paced, and interesting. It's dark, and I would not recommend it if you're squeamish. Be prepared for brutal and gritty, and you'll enjoy Placebo Junkies.

No comments:

Post a Comment