08 September 2016

The Girl From Everywhere / Heidi Heilig


3/5

Whew, it's been a while since I read anything, so it took me a while to finish this book (I really need to learn some self-control around Netflix). 

I really liked The Girl From Everywhere. The main character, Nix, is both strong and vulnerable. She's well-developed, and I could sympathize with her. I also really liked her relationship with Kashmir. It was realistic and sweet and based on a real friendship, unlike the silly romances in most YA novels where the hottest guy imaginable sweeps a girl off her feet. 

It might have been because I took so long to read it (and maybe also because my concentration wasn't so good at the time) but towards the end all of the time-traveling and paradoxes got rather hard to follow. I just went with the flow and kept reading because trying to figure out the logistics was too difficult. I still really enjoyed the novel, and would recommend it to those interested in topics such as time travel, the past/regrets, and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment