08 September 2016

Code Name Verity / Elizabeth Wein


4/5

I read this book once and I need to read it again. Keep in mind I read it on my phone (not the ideal way to read a book, ever) so I don't think I got the full experience, because Code Name Verity is written in various formats. (Hence the need for a second reading.) 

There were times when the novel was boring and bland and I skimmed a LOT, but it definitely deserves the 4-star rating. This is mainly due to how I teared up several times toward the end. If a book can make me do that, then it's a good one by my standards. My only/main problem is that even though I like Maddie, I feel like there was wayyyy too much text spent on her, resulting in a boring, dragged out feeling. I love her, but I don't really think she's the ideal choice for a narrator.   

Anyway, the negative points I brought up are definitely outweighed by the strength and emotional impact of this novel, and I would highly, highly recommend it! Just beware that it will certainly pull at your heartstrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment