06 September 2016

The Kiss of Deception / Mary Pearson


1.5/5

Very poorly written, the boys especially. Too bad, because the summary/plot/idea had so much potential. I loved the main character, Lia, and I liked the book up until the two love interests were introduced. Then I just skimmed the rest to find out what happened. I will not be reading the next one.

Kiss of Deception has everything the most popular books have, like a prince, an assassin, a strong runaway princess, but the guys (who make up a large portion of the plot) are just so, so bad. I also feel like the stronger, darker emotions of the novel weren't handled well. The grief, shame, and confusion the characters felt were not strong enough to feel real. But this may be because after reading the Throne of Glass series, nothing can really compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment