08 September 2016

Tiger Lily / Jodi Lynn Anderson


3.5/5

Tiger Lily made me so sad it made me angry. It was indeed a good story-- I'd heard many good reviews, and now I understand.   

The novel is very honest, and its characters were flawed in obvious ways, which was frustrating but also realistic and made it all the more piognant. Tiger Lily is written from Tinkerbell's perspective, which I found strange at times because it just felt unnecessary. Tinkerbell added nothing to the storyline; it would have made more sense to simply write the novel from the third person. But after a while I grew to like Tink's bits of wisdom. She sees the world differently, and her perspective added even more beauty to the novel.  It's also partly due to Tink's perspective that I love the writing so much. Anderson creates a beautiful world, and seeing it from Tink's eyes allows us to enjoy it more.  

Overall, Tiger Lily is a love story that will not make you feel happy or mushy or flowery, but rather leave you with a bittersweet sense of loss and sorrow. It takes a good novel to evoke those feelings, so I would recommend Tiger Lily-- but don't say I didn't warn you of the full depth of what you're getting yourself into!

No comments:

Post a Comment